Experience ancient yoga and healing practices as they were originally taught in India. Mysore Ashtanga is the traditional way to learn the Ashtanga sequence. Kes and Teresa, a couple with more than 25 years’ experience in teaching and yoga practice, welcome you to their yogi family home. Retreats in Koh Phangan with Kes and Teresa offer you open space to clear your mind and breathe. There are amazing views of the jungle and nature all around you, and bird-song fills the air.
The focus of these retreats is to create a realistic daily exercise routine, provide a guide to healthy eating, and kindle awareness of a lifestyle connected to the Earth. Kes and Teresa aim to unite your mind, body, and breath in a way that eases tension, reduces inflammation, and promotes health and well-being.
Multi-day Detox Retreats
For all detox stays, you arrive one day before the actual start of your detox/fasting program. On this day, you will be provided with food that prepares you for the following fasting days. We are with you every step of the way and encourage you to honour your body during this process.
After the fasting days you will stay for one more build-up day, which prepares your body for normal healthy food again. In addition, optional massages are also offered that help your system to remove toxins and realign, assisting your body and mind to release what isn’t needed and make room for new pathways.
- All detox retreats include 3 detox shakes daily; which have fruit, psyllium husk & bentonite clay inside. Every morning Spirulina shake, kombucha and Vitamin C
- Herbal soup broth in the evenings; warm, comfort, and nourish the system
- Coconut water is available, as well as unlimited fresh drinking water
- Your choice of yoga or fitness class once per day; check out the timetable on our home page
- For a deeper cleanse, enemas and colonics are offered
- Use of the herbal steam room, spa pool and natural pool to promote relaxation, release toxins, and improve blood circulation
Choose how many nights you want to detox
Ashtanga Healing Retreats
A retreat designed for all levels of yoga practitioners; learn as a complete beginner and immerse yourself in the self-healing art of Ashtanga yoga
Monday to Friday Routine:
- 7.30 – 9am: Group Mysore-style Ashtanga class – guided self-practice for all levels
- 10.00 – 11.00: Yogic philosophy, yoga dharma talks, learning the traditional Ashtanga Opening & Closing chants, Ayurvedic education
- 11.15 – 12.15: Daily pranayama (breathing techniques) and meditation immersion
- 16:00-17:00: Optional afternoon yoga class
- (Saturday) 8.30 – 9.45/10.00: Group Led counted Ashtanga yoga
- Use of Swimming pool & herbal steam